Work with us
Senior Educational Psychologist
We are seeking to appoint a skilled educational & developmental psychologist with capacity to envisage and grow the psychology service offerings at SPELD Victoria. The role will suit someone who enjoys working with our diverse stakeholders, a great team player and flexible attitude.
The Psychologist works to:
- Undertake diagnostic assessments of children, adolescents and adults with SLD like Dyslexia
- Provide advice through SPELD Victoria’s information services (including via a new chat facility)
- Coordinate SPELD Victoria’s psychology services and contractors
- Provide occasional professional learning for teachers, other professionals and parents as part of SPELD Victoria’s workshop and outreach program.
- Current full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, and accredited Postgraduate degree in Psychology (preferably Educational and Developmental, and/or Clinical or Neuropsychology).
- Demonstrated proficiency in psychological assessments, interview and intervention techniques with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent report writings skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills & ability to develop positive rapport with all age groups.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, flexibly, as part of a team, in a clinical role and in other roles undertaken as part of a not-for-profit organisation.
- Capacity to advocate on behalf of clients.
- Commitment to extend own professional development.
- Extensive knowledge in the identification and remediation of specific learning disabilities.
- Knowledge of professional literature (research).
- Experience and knowledge of evidence-based instruction, in particular, for students with learning disabilities.
- Experience developing and running Professional Learning workshops.
- Experience in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of the Victorian school system.
- your resume;
- cover letter addressing selection criteria (max 3 pages); and
- copies of depersonalized assessment reports in relation to a child and an adult client.
Email to CEO@speldvic.org.au
Applications close: cob Tuesday 29 August 2017.
Interviews will be held on Friday 8 September at SPELD’s office at Level 3, 673 Bourke St, Melbourne.
Any Questions: Please call Claire Stonier-Kipen on 03 9480 4422.