SPELD Victoria is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for SPELD Victoria in dealing with privacy considerations.
Transmission of Payments
All payments made to SPELD Victoria, through the website, are processed using a secure payment gateway, which is PCI DSS compliant. Payments are fully automated with an immediate response. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by SPELD Victoria or any outside party.
Collection of Information
SPELD Victoria collects and administers a range of personal information provided by you and sent by your access device or over the phone. This information may include data on which pages you viewed (within the SPELD Victoria Website), the IP address of your device, your devices operating system, your location and standard web-log data.
SPELD Victoria also collects personal information provided by you through the SPELD Victoria Website. This may include your name, phone number, address, date of birth, email address, credit card number, expiry date and bank details (to the extent needed to provide our services to you); and any other information you choose to supply.
It may also include health records, psychological or other professional assessments, educational and employment history and details of an individual’s learning difficulties, for the purpose of conducting diagnostic and educational assessments.
SPELD Victoria may use the information in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience of SPELD Victoria and to allow us to deliver the services you require, the type of content and product offerings which are of most interest to you.
- To respond to customer requests following correspondence (email, phone or live chat enquiries).
- To send you periodic emails regarding your membership, E-News, registrations, product or service orders, or any information or updates on activity specifically related to SPELD Victoria.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To improve our website, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook page, and administer any contest, promotion, survey or other site feature in order to better serve you.
SPELD Victoria is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which imposes specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
SPELD Victoria will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary functions;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction. Please contact email@example.com access or correct your personal information. Proof of identity will be required prior to release of this personal information. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge. If substantial effort is required on our part to provide this information, an administrative fee may be charged.
- Not disclose personal information to third parties without your written consent, except where required to by law (for example, law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities).
- Use technologies, access control procedures and physical security to securely protect personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, and as such we do not warrant the security of any information that you provide to us over the Internet and social media, and you do so at your own risk.
Enquiries regarding personal information held can be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact us on 03 9480 4422.